Sunday 27 January 2013

Audience Research

It is important when trying to understand our target audience to understand what sort of films they like and if they would be interested in watching our opening sequence. We also videoed some people from our target audience talking about their favourite films which we uploaded onto the group blog.

What films do you watch?
I watch horror films most of the time.
I tend to watch both action and comedy films, both older ones and more recent ones.
I like thriller and comedy films, they tend to hold my interest most.

Why do these films interest you?
I quite like watching films which aren't based around love, horror films are the total opposite.
Action and Comedies such as 21 Jump Street are very entertaining, I also really enjoy "the chase" in these films.
I like thriller films because of the suspense that is built up in them. I also really like detective films like Sherlock Holmes. 

How often and where do you watch films?
I watch films around once a week, and I tend to watch them with my family.
I don't watch films very often, I go to the cinema around once a month.
I watch films quite often, about three times a week at home.

Do you watch British films?
Yes, I do watch British films quite often.
Not really, I prefer American films.
Yes, I watch British films all the time.

What is your opinion on our chosen opening sequence?
I think that the opening sequence sounds interesting, it looks like it would appeal to people who watch horror films too.
This opening sequence does sound appealing, although I don't really watch thrillers.
This opening sequence sounds very impressive, it would very much appeal to people who are interested in horrors and tend to watch thriller films very often.

No comments:

Post a Comment